Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ambulance LTD (04.07.08)

the Band: Ambulance LTD
the Date: Mon April 7, 2008
the Venue: Rock and Roll Hotel (DC)
 
(Photo credit to Keri Beckwith and Spin.com)

Over three years have gone by since the NY-based band played to a DC audience (at least since I saw them play at the Black Cat with Elefant back in August 2004 … but I guess they opened for the Killers at the 9:30 Club in October 2004 – I didn't see that show). However long it has been, the boys in Ambulance LTD clearly did not forget us. Well, I should say singer Marcos Congelton (the only remaining member from the original group) did not forget us. Their set, like the band itself, was a mix of old and new. Of course, they played fan-favorites like Heavy Lifting, Stay Where You Are, Anecdote and Primitive (The Way I Treat You). They also played plenty of new tunes like Upsetter, Dark Energy, and Ivy … you can listen to some of these new tunes at their (a-hem) MySpace Page or at their website. The show was grrrrreat; an absolute solid performance that had everyone tapping their toes and bobbing their heads (which everyone knows is practically a standing ovation for any DC crowd). We left the club happily looking forward to the band's next visit. When does their new LP come out? Oh yeah, as their MySpace page declares, very, very soon …….

I suppose I should mention the opening acts. We completely missed the first band, Bear Hands (no offense, guys). The second band, Wild Light, was shite. I don't think it was due to equipment malfunctions either (despite their petulant cries to the contrary). Oh well, we were there for one band and one band only … Ambulance LTD.

So, relax ... don't think about it ... the way I treat you . . .



No comments: