Saturday, July 16, 2005

the Dead 60s, the Bravery (07.15.05)

the Band: the Dead 60s, the Bravery
the Date: Friday July 15, 2005
the Venue: 9:30 Club (DC)


(Photo credit to Joel Didriksen and his Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/people/kingpinphoto/)

The Dead 60s opened. I kind of liked them. Riot Radio was my favorite of their tunes.

The Bravery is one of the cutting edge, new wave bands out of NYC. It consists of Sam Endicott (vocals/guitar), Michael Zakarin (guitar), John Conway (keyboards), Mike Hindert (bass), and Anthony Burulcich (drums). Mike Zakarin and Mike Hindert apparently went to Georgetown University, so I had support my fellow Hoyas! Anyways, I heard they used to be a ska band and then abruptly decided to change their entire style, image, and sound to something more like the Killers. Regardless of the back story, I liked their show. They were playing tunes off of their self-titled album released earlier this year, but my favorites included Unconditional and An Honest Mistake.

Full setlist (not from this night, but from a night around this time … sorry, best I can do): Unconditional / No Brakes / Public Service Announcement / Hate Fuck / Tyrant / Believe / Jack-o-lantern Man / Red Hands and White Knuckles / Time Won't Let Me Go / Fearless / An Honest Mistake / ENCORE / Split Me Wide Open


I’ve spent my whole life surrounded and I’ve spent my whole life alone …


No comments: